Lunar Eclipse of August 2008: Iran at War?

July 10, 2008 by

Lunar Eclipse of August 2008: Iran at War?

The lunar eclipse on August 18 holds many clues about the possibility of a Western war with Iran. There has been much saber rattling from both Iran and Western nations, and the speculation about a possible military confrontation is running high. A major military intervention would definitely be seen in Iran’s horoscope, as it would cause substantial disruption to the country.

The partial lunar eclipse in August is very important for Iran astrologically; it occurs in the sign Aquarius, which traditionally rules middle Iran, and the eclipse will also be visible in Iran. Eclipses can activate “hot” points in a chart, and if a war in Iran was impending, this eclipse would definitely be involved.  [For examples of the way an eclipse can activate a horoscope, read this analysis of China and the August eclipse.]

2008 in Iran and Influences from the Lunar Eclipse

The astrological year is measured from the time the Sun enters the first degree of Aries, i.e. the first day of spring. This year shows problems for Iranians economically, and the tightening international sanctions and economic fallout from the hostility between Iran and the West is shown by Mars in the sign of its fall in Iran second house of economic assets. Mars afflicts both the ruler of the people, Mercury, and Saturn, the ruler of the government.

Lunar Eclipse of August 2008: Iran at War? - Aries Ingress 2008 for Tehran, Iran

Aries Ingress 2008 Horoscope for Tehran, Iran

It will be a difficult year for the Iranian government, as shown by the ruler, Saturn, which is also the ruler of the lunar eclipse. Because Saturn is being afflicted by a very unpleasant Mars, the economic woes are going to weigh on the government more and more. Masha’allah, the ancient Persian astrologer, wrote that it was especially difficult for the king when his significator was the same as the ruler of an eclipse, and was afflicted by the malefics. All of these conditions are fulfilled in this horoscope, though the soft aspect between Mars and Saturn might show problems coming less from conflict than from a gradual tightening of the screws, as with economic sanctions.

Overall, I don’t see a strong potential for war in Iran this year. There may be an earthquake, however, as evidenced by Saturn in an earth sign in the fourth house, ruled by Mercury, the planet of earthquakes.

Lunar Eclipse and the Iranian People

It looks as though the tensions between Iran and the West will affect the well-being of the average Iranian most of all, apart from giving the Iranian government some sleepless nights. We have four planets in the fourth house in a Mercury sign, in an earth sign, and three of the planets are aspected by Jupiter in an earth sign. Again, there is a possibility of an earthquake; if it happens, it would be within three months or so of the eclipse. This seems more realistic than the probability of war.

Lunar Eclipse of August 2008: Iran at War? - Lunar Eclipse of August 2008 set for Tehran, Iran

Lunar Eclipse of August 2008 set for Tehran, Iran

Comments

19 Responses to “Lunar Eclipse of August 2008: Iran at War?”

1. Bella Liberty on July 14th, 2008 12:03 am
  2. someone on July 14th, 2008 10:53 pm

there isnt a full calculation for this chart and , also , all the planets arent in use.
    please show insight for this , i believe your off on a bit

3. Nina Gryphon on July 15th, 2008 4:35 am

Dear someone,

I confess I have no idea what you’re talking about. If you want more planets, there are other blogs to satisfy your unholy urges. We are a respectable blog, darn it.

4. Young Gun on July 15th, 2008 8:46 am

I do like your visions on astrology. I also made a blog that is concerned with astrology. But I am just burma boy who is interested in Astrology and I am not professional astrologer. I often read and study your views on astrology. I envy you and appreciate you.

5. someone on July 15th, 2008 9:52 am

? nina ,
    how is what i said at any part in a spiritual or religious manor , .?

and there are other planets too coordinate , as pluto neptune , uranus .
    even chiron if you wanted to note.
    as any astrologer would note , all heavenly bodys have effect upon people , things and governments.

there was nothing unholy about what i said.
    assumptions arent too be taken lightly.
    dont read books by any cover , inside is where the truth lies.

6. Nina Gryphon on July 15th, 2008 11:29 am

Dear Young Gun,

Thanks for your kind comment. I appreciate being appreciated. Send me the link to your blog when you have a chance, I’d love to check it out.

7. Nina Gryphon on July 15th, 2008 11:39 am

Dear someone,

Take a deep breath. Relax. Appreciate, perhaps, that my comment was meant in jest. Humor, if you will.

You are not unholy, nor did I say that you were. However, if you have taken any time to read this website – and you clearly have not – you will notice that this is a traditional astrology blog. This means that modern planets are not being used. Traditional astrologers sometimes consider the modern planets totally anathema, hence my joke about them being “unholy.”

*All* heavenly bodies have an effect? Really? Even the growing belt of manmade debris currently orbiting the earth, left there by the astronauts? Careful about being over-inclusive. Where do we draw the line? Why? Please read my page at top left: “A short history of astrology and FAQ.”

Also, beware of saying “heavenly bodys [sic] have effect upon people…” That statement, in the view of major world religions, is most definitely unholy, because it implies that God is not directing the world, but the planets are. Idolatry, in other words. The heavenly bodies mirror our lives on earth, but they cannot be causative. There is only one Prime Mover.

If you want to continue this discussion, please feel free to email me, which is probably more appropriate than the comments section.

8. me on July 31st, 2008 4:34 pm

The solar eclipse is tomorrow and some very powerful things are happening. Not with the war on Iraq or a country, but the war on women. I know two women already who have been raped, one from three men from Dubai and two American men. Both of my friends are healers.

9. Nina Gryphon on August 1st, 2008 8:43 am

Hi Me,

Eclipses are difficult, to say the least. Take good care of your two friends.

10. greta on August 7th, 2008 10:55 am

isn’t the eclipse going to be on the 16th?

11. Nina Gryphon on August 7th, 2008 11:04 am

Hi Greta,

Depends where you live. The eclipse occurs at 21:16 GMT on the 16th, which means some countries toward the east will experience the moment of precise lunation on Thursday.

12. Angelica on August 16th, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Nina! Thanks for the insight.

I think one of your comments raises an interesting dilemma. How do we, follow astrology whilst not jeopardising our devotion, dedication respect to christianity and Jesus? I beleive in Astrology and the power of the planets on our lives, but at what point does this cross-over into idolatry as pointed out by the bible. I want to believe in both, without jeopardising the other. Is it possible to draw that fine line? Sometimes I feel so guilty about following astrology… but the consolation I give myself is that god himself created the planets, so surely he would know that we know they affect our lives on a daily basis? After all, Nostradamus based his predictions on astrology, and was still a devoted christian………

13. Nina Gryphon on August 18th, 2008 8:27 am

Hi Angelica,

Personally, I never saw much of a disconnect between religion and astrology. There are two main arguments I’ve seen employed against astrology using religion:

1. We’re not allowed to predict, because we shouldn’t know the will of God. The answer to this is that we predict all the time, whether we are reading the weather forecast, the train table, taking the road we expect to be less busy during rush hour, or making a guess as to who’ll win the election. Presumably, those kinds of predictions are not sinful. At least in astrology, we are using the planets, which are made by God, rather than the train table, which is made by man.

2. If we say that the planets cause things to happen, we are ignoring the true Cause, which is God. The answer to this is simple: we must be aware that the planets are only signs (as per Genesis), not causes.

14. 1Person on August 18th, 2008 9:33 pm

Hello Nina and all,

As a student of the Human Design System and a person that continues to ask the questions on things that don’t make sense, what I have learned is in disagreement with your findings…what is really true? Who knows, for in the end we each find a truth which may not be true at all. 😉

Human Design teaches us that we are in fact programmed by the consciousness field which is influenced by neutrinos as they pass through the planets and then pass through us and so on. It also teaches that our dna is interconnected to this mapping of the cosmos. The magic of God if you will is all interconnected to what appears to be idolatry.

There are also a few documentaries that incorporate the fact that most religions are based on similar mythologies that are founded in astrology. Interesting to explore but not for the faint of religious heart. http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com is one reference.

Best,
    Suzanna

15. Nina Gryphon on August 20th, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi Suzanna,

Thanks for your comment. A philosopher named Frithjof Schuon says that all traditional civilizations revolve around two key concepts: 1. The Center, and 2. The Source. They are both referring to the same thing, God. There can only be one center of a circle, and there can only be one Truth.

A possible analogy: though there are an infinite number of paths from the circumference to the center, not all paths do lead to the center. Some miss the mark entirely. There are many paths to the Truth, though not all paths do lead there.

This is where traditional thought and modern thought part ways. Modern thought is relativist and materialist, whereas traditional thought sees the material world as not always necessary. The planets do not need physical media through which to impart their forces.

As far as religions being based upon astrology; perhaps. Both are human ways of relating to the Infinite, though not necessarily equivalent in effectiveness. Consider: how many saints has religion produced? How many has astrology produced?

16. Angelica on August 31st, 2008 2:44 pm

So in that case it is not blasphemous to believe in Jesus Christ and follow astrology at the same time? I guess nostradamus did it.. and my bet is he made it through the pearly gates…

17. Nina Gryphon on September 3rd, 2008 8:55 am

Hi Angelica,

I personally don’t think so. Obviously, depending on whom you ask, the answer will vary quite dramatically.

18. Don on June 30th, 2009 10:50 am

I found your site while I was looking for charts of ancient eclipse dates (lunar and solar). I saw some of your commentary, as a suggestion, instead of correlating the eclipses to the Julian / Gregorian calendar, try using the ancient Hebraic calendar. There have been some VERY interesting points of discovery regarding that connection of late. See what you think. And do you know where I can find a site to track the eclipses backwards about 2000 yrs?

19. Nina Gryphon on June 30th, 2009 7:52 pm

Don –

About the eclipses; I recommend looking at the ephemeris data at Khaldea Ephemeris and astro.com. There is no handy eclipse list (you can always generate it in Solar Fire, if you have that software), but you can go through those ephemerides online.

Interesting point about looking at the ancient calendars. If you have more specifics, feel free to share; I am unfamiliar with the discoveries you mention.