Solar Eclipse of September 11, 2007: Solar Eclipse and Astrology

August 1, 2007 by

Dresden with Full Moon - Solar Eclipse of September 11, 2007: Solar Eclipse & Astrology

Another Solar Eclipse is upon us, this time falling at 18 Virgo, exact at 12:44 pm Universal Time. The Solar Eclipse will be visible in the lower portion of South America, specifically Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay. We would expect these countries to be the most strongly affected by the solar eclipse.

In addition, countries and areas traditionally associated with Virgo (also Pisces, the opposite point of Virgo) may also experience difficulties. Virgo is associated with Africa, Athens, Babylonia/Mesopotamia, Basel (Switzerland), Bratislava (Slovakia), Crete, Croatia, southwest France, Jerusalem, and (Milan) Italy.

The most notable features of this eclipse are as follows:

1. The Lord of the eclipse (Mercury) conjunct the malefic fixed star Vindemiatrix, which is also known as the widowmaker, and is associated with trouble through overreaching.

2. Mercury is sextile a benefic Jupiter in Sagittarius, which should mitigate some of Mercury’s negative effects. However, despite Jupiter’s strength, it is in the detriment of Mercury, so the positive influences of Jupiter are not going to be as helpful to Mercury.

3. The eclipse itself is square Mars in Gemini, which is a negative testimony.

The duration of the effects of the eclipse will be just over four years, with the effect manifesting depending on the solar eclipse’s location in a given place. Some of the effects associated with solar eclipses in Virgo are increases in thieves/Pirates, an increase of dry diseases, especially those of the lungs and breath, religious schisms, high winds and earthquakes, and the drying up of streams and rivers (attributed to Mercury’s occidental position). This particular part of Virgo is associated with famine, plague, sedition, and drought. Lovely, isn’t it?

For the sake of interest, let us take a quick look at the eclipse as cast for Washington, DC. Here, we would expect the greatest effects within the first year, as the eclipse is in the general vicinity of the Ascendant. The sorts of effects would be the same as I listed above, with an added emphasis on Mars in Gemini, which also rules the 10th house of rulers and kings. Probably the most important point is the continued difficulty posed to the government, since a solar eclipse by its nature is bad for the ruler, as the Sun – the ruler – is robbed of its light (if other testimonies concur, since not all solar eclipses indicate problems for all governments). Here, the eclipse squares the ruler of the 10th house of kings, Mars in Gemini.

Solar Eclipse September 11, 2007

[Addendum 8/18/2007: The above chart is very close for the eclipse chart set for Lima, Peru.  In Lima, the “widowmaking” Mercury is about 3 degrees away from the Ascendant.]

Comments

24 Responses to “Solar Eclipse of September 11, 2007: Solar Eclipse and Astrology”

1. Goca on August 2nd, 2007 4:45 am

Hi!
    Where did you find that Milan is Virgo sign? I found on this address that Milan is Cancer sign.
    Greetings,
    Goca

2. Sheri on August 2nd, 2007 6:32 am

If I wanted to know the effect this eclipse would have on my personal life would I cast chart for my location and see what eclipse planets made contact with my personal Planets? I’m concerned beacuse Uranus is already opposite my moon (and I am feeling the effects of that) and this eclipse will conjunct my moon within 1 orb. If I get any worse emotionally I’m going to be heck to live with! Any help would be wonderful and thanks for this site I so enjoy it!

3. gryphonastrology on August 2nd, 2007 6:44 am

Hi Goca,

Ready to have your mind blown? They are BOTH true. Depending on your source; some ancient sources say Cancer, others Virgo.

4. gryphonastrology on August 2nd, 2007 6:48 am

Hi Sheri,

Yes, though really the main thing is the eclipse itself. Also, note that eclipses work their strongest effects on affairs of state; if there is other stuff going on in the chart, they can trigger a progression, but otherwise, they won’t do anything by themselves.

5. Goca on August 2nd, 2007 9:54 pm

Thanks, Nina.

6. Sara on August 4th, 2007 6:30 am

My birthday is on September 11, 1974. I have been tring to figure out what effect the eclipse will have on me…does anyone know?

7. aj on August 14th, 2007 6:15 am

hi, is the eclipse a bad time to travel? I have booked a flight from Mumbai to London on 13-9-2007, is this a bad time to travel?

8. The Wellness Directory Blog » Are you feeling a change in energy? on August 14th, 2007 8:02 am
  9. gryphonastrology on August 14th, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi AJ,

Not unless there is something else triggering problematic planets/aspects in your own natal chart. See comment #4, please.

10. Valerie on August 31st, 2007 5:57 pm

Is Sept 11 2007 a bad time to have a colonscpy and endoscopy? I went ahead and scheduled it without thinking about it. Appreciate feedback. They have to give me a sedative for this diagnostic test.
    Sincerely,
    Valerie

11. Sai on September 9th, 2007 10:01 pm

Me & my friend both are pregnant & just confirmed (just 6 weeks). Will this solar eclipse cause any problem to us?
    Currenlty we both live in Bellevue, Washington, USA. What are the precautions we need to take.
    Please guide us. These suggestions really help us.
    Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Sai

12. SJ on September 10th, 2007 7:22 am

I am in North America, I am pregnant (2 mths). Would this affect me or my baby ?

13. Imaya on September 10th, 2007 7:42 am

Thank you for sharing such information. Indeed, these are such times of great and challenging change. Blessings, to you, sweet soul.
    Imaya

14. greta on September 10th, 2007 8:47 am

Valerie – regarding your colonoscopy and endoscopy, since these areas of the body are both ruled by Virgo, not a good time. Never do surgery on the area of the body that the ruling sign is in at the time, right now is Virgo. Necessary also to look at the reflexive of Virgo, Pisces its opposite sign, which rules medication effects like anesthesia. My opinion: Reschedule it for later, when the Sun is out of Virgo and the Moon is not in Virgo or Pisces, and not near the Full Moon – enhances bleeding times.

15. greta on September 10th, 2007 9:04 am

Nina – oops! I posted a comment to Valerie’s question not realizing until now that readers are not commenting to each other, but you are answering theirs. So sorry, please forgive the intrusion.

16. mich on September 10th, 2007 11:57 pm

Hi, My pluto 18′ & uranus 19′ are conjunct in virgo. My ascendant is 28′ libra. How do you think i may be effected by this eclipse? thanks

17. Rod on September 11th, 2007 12:41 am

A supervisor at work is trying to get me fired. She made a big mistake by saying something about me to a coworker, who told me. (I heard the supervisor’s statement too). The supervisor is lying through her teeth saying she didn’t say it. However, I have a meeting on 11Sept with HR over some false charges the supervisor made against me. Is the eclipse a good sign for me? Does it offer advice? It is a good time to try to do a binding?

18. BRIAN on September 11th, 2007 2:24 am

Hi what will be the effect of the eclpise on the financial markets and the Gold price please

19. Angie on September 11th, 2007 7:35 am

Hi,

What time is Universal time for the United States, MST.

Love & Light

20. Jonathan Flanery on September 11th, 2007 4:39 pm

It’s interesting that you do not put more emphasis on Brazil as it is both Virgo and in the eclipse path. And I notice that you appear to use Lilly’s reference on Elcipses. I do disagree on Chile, Argentina and Peru. There is enough correspondence and transit response to give Chile to Sag, Argentina to Libra, and Peru to Leo. The landform signatures also support this.

What about the placement of the eclipse in the 12th for Washington ? I woiuldn’t think that would bode well. I wouldn’t think that would bode well for goivernment institutions, prisons, or hospitals and with te Sun there it might even mean the imprisonment of one of the high and mighty.

I love your site and analyses. Keep up the good work.

Jonathan

21. YO MOMMAS HOUSE 415 on September 11th, 2007 6:32 pm

I HATE THE SOLAR ECLIPSE..
    JK JK I LOVE IT!

22. Chandira on September 12th, 2007 3:13 pm

Gawd, Nina, that’s why I never write much about astrology!! Good luck answering that lot… 😉

23. Melissa on September 13th, 2007 10:43 am

Hey, i heard something about jupiter and the moon

24. Margaret on September 13th, 2007 6:59 pm

do you have Hillary Clinton’s birth time?