Astrology of a Lunar Eclipse: The Lunar Eclipse of August 28, 2007

July 16, 2007 by

Lunar Eclipse Horoscope - Astrology of a Lunar Eclipse: The Lunar Eclipse of August 28, 2007

The next eclipse is almost upon us, and this time it will be a total lunar eclipse at 5° Pisces-Virgo. This lunar eclipse is going to be rather more dramatic in its effects than the solar eclipse, even though the geopolitical effects of solar eclipses typically last much longer.

The affected countries and areas (those ruled by Virgo and Pisces) will include Africa, Babylonia/Mesopotamia (Iraq), Croatia, Greece, Jerusalem, Paris, and Portugal. In addition, all places where the lunar eclipse is visible have the potential to be affected.

The eclipse falls right on the ascendant-descendant axis in Washington, DC, which is considered a powerful placement for an eclipse. The effects of the eclipse will last until late winter 2008, and will be most noticeable through late October, 2007. Whenever an eclipse falls on the angles in a given location, the effects there will be powerful. This eclipse is close to the fixed star Fomalhaut, which brings renunciation and sacrifice, an entry to the dark night of the soul, and an eventual re-emergence.

Lunar Eclipse Horoscope - Astrology of a Lunar Eclipse:  The Lunar Eclipse of August 28, 2007

The Lord of the eclipse is Jupiter in Sagittarius, which tends to increase everything, including legal activity (as in creation and enforcement of laws), benefits to religious people, and those associated with higher learning. But Jupiter is opposed from the 10th house by Mars, the god of war, so we will have the law opposed to war this fall. This is expected, as the debate over Iraq grows ever sharper in Congress, particularly around the September deadline imposed earlier this year. The war continues to harm the U.S. executive branch, as Mars squares the ruler of the 10th house of kings, Mercury.

Saturn in Leo, the sign of its detriment, also falls a little bit too close to the Ascendant. This will produce a difficult time for all involved, with a pervading sense of gloom, even despair. This is not a fortunate placement.

Interestingly, the lunar eclipse falls on Vice President Dick Cheney’s natal Ascendant at 2 Virgo, and it will be shortly followed by Saturn’s transit over the Ascendant in late September. This is not an auspicious combination, and added attention to health and social standing would be beneficial.

Worldwide, the volatile, unstable Mercury-Mars square will produce wars, rebellion, and violence, particularly in areas where the planets are on the angles.

Comments

44 Responses to “Astrology of a Lunar Eclipse: The Lunar Eclipse of August 28, 2007”

1. gryphonastrology on July 30th, 2007 7:05 pm

Hi Lisa,

Meh. Does it fall on anything important in your chart? Probably close to the Sun, but that by itself won’t do much without progressions indicating trouble.

2. gryphonastrology on August 5th, 2007 8:28 am

Hi Karen, Debra, and Nancy,

Thanks for visiting! Try not to worry about it too much. To put it in perspective: Eclipses affect big things much more than mere individual humans. They have an impact upon nations and governments (and their representatives), only occasionally upon individuals like you or me.

The only time eclipses will have some kind of effect on you is if the more important astrological indicators concur. Eclipses, like transits, can act as a sort of trigger, but they are not the most important thing by far. It’s much better to check out your progressions (and, even better, your primary directions if you’re mathematically inclined), returns, and profections.

As an example, Dick Cheney’s chart has a lot more going on than that eclipse – powerful directions and returns this year. The eclipse on his Ascendant is just the cherry on the cake.

3. Anwynn on August 5th, 2007 8:52 pm

Hello,
    Im new 🙂
    This lunar eclipse falls right on my 6degree pisces moon in the tenth. Could you please let me know what I might be in for.

Thanks
    Anwynn

4. Wendy on August 6th, 2007 6:46 am

I know you stated that these eclipses tend not to affect individuals unless there are concurrent aspects in the chart.

In general, how would an eclipse like this affect surgery?

5. gryphonastrology on August 6th, 2007 2:34 pm

Hi Anwynn,

Don’t worry about it too much, okay? Read my comment above yours – the same principles should apply. Unless something is setting off this eclipse, then you shouldn’t worry.

6. gryphonastrology on August 6th, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi Wendy,

I generally wouldn’t do surgery on a full moon (eclipse or not), as people tend to bleed more. To be safe, it’s best to wait 36 hours after the exact time of the full moon/eclipse.

7. gryphonastrology on August 6th, 2007 2:40 pm

Hi Crystal,

No, don’t worry about it. Washington, DC, doesn’t seem too strongly affected by this eclipse. Most likely, you will not be, either.

8. Chantelle on August 7th, 2007 1:57 pm

I know that you said that eclipses have a far greater impact on humanity as a whole as opposed to individuals, however, the article also mentioned that a lunar eclipse falling on someone’s Ascendant would be noteworthy. What would be the effects of this? Also, to add to that this same person will have their Moon in Virgo (and Vertex) conjuncted by the Partial Solar Eclipse of September 11th. What woud you derive from that, if anything?

9. gryphonastrology on August 7th, 2007 9:41 pm

Hi Chantelle,

Yes, it could be noteworthy, especially combined with that Moon contact. I still would need to examine the directions/progressions/returns for that person (a good few hours’ work 🙂 – without those, the eclipse contacts would not necessarily mean much.

10. Susie on August 11th, 2007 5:57 am

Last eclipse in March 2006, I was hit hard. I had just lost my Mom the last week of February, and my husband of 3 months walked out on March 14th. Life was swept away. None the worse for wear with all I’ve learned, this upcoming Full Lunar is even closer to my degree and I’m being as flexible as I possibly can. Work/Career has been teetering and I have discovered that I will probably not stay long, for I have realized that I have little joy in what I do.
    I am a 2°31’06 in house 4 Pisces and and in a relationship with a 23°41’42 in house 7 Virgo man, whom I met right after the Sept 2006 eclipse in Pisces-Virgo. Our relationship is very supportive and communicative.
    Will the effects of these upcoming eclipses in both signs proove to be more dramatic and intense for me?

Thanks so much!

11. Louise on August 15th, 2007 3:48 pm

can the effect of the eclipes happen a month earlier? I’m waiting for test results which started about July 28th. I’m a Leo , 8/5/58 11:48am est.

12. Charliehorse on August 16th, 2007 3:53 pm

Ha! I bet you dollars to donuts as it’s falling right on my 5th house cusp that it will either be about my grand-children or my long term, too long, term Leo lover affecting my health or social standing. He is already before the courts. Seems things are going that way or have been going that way anyways. I suspect they do affect individual’s sometimes at least. Saturn’s transiting my Jupiter in the 4th too.

Just Cruising…

13. Charliehorse on August 16th, 2007 3:57 pm

Oh no wait a minute that’s Virgo on my 5th house cusp. So operation by reflex.

14. Sarah on August 20th, 2007 7:35 am

I have been feeling this alignment for quite some time. This is no basic Lunar Eclipse and my guides tell me that this could be very significant to the our world Earth. The events of recent days and months, especially in weather changes and gravitational oddities are subjects that i have avoided for my own sanity. I would be interested to know what you all feel from this planetary event. Is there also a planetary alignment occuring with the eclipse?

15. Raisha on August 21st, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi Nina, thanks for the posting!!! very interesting.
    In my natal chart, I have a most interesting great cross which will be activated almost exactly by the full moon at the end of august, the moon will be over my natal Saturn in 1st house, the sun over my natal uranus in 7th, and they will form squares to my natal sun in 3rd and my natal moon in 9th… pretty strong, if you are curious, look it up may 26th 1964 00:04:00 (just 4 min after midnight from 25th to 26st)), in Medellín, Colombia 75W33 6N15, zone 5…. yes, this has been a veeeery full life… you can imagine, with a very early and strong inner awakening.

16. Lori on August 22nd, 2007 10:34 am

What effects could this eclipes have on cervical sugery?

17. Solana on August 22nd, 2007 5:07 pm

Hi,

I have question…my rising is 5 degrees pisces and chiron is at 4.41 pisces, an exact conjunction. Will changing geographical locations assist. I had planned a big camping trip to the desert during the eclipse away from the city, which in astrocartography will change my ascendant and only cause a chiron conjunction. Any thoughts? Thank you!

bless,
    Solana

18. Angelica on August 22nd, 2007 11:34 pm

Hi there,

I’m curious about this particular eclipse and the effect will on my chart. The transiting North Node will conjunct my Natal Moon and My Natal North Node will conjunct the eclipsed Moon. Obvioulsy, I have N Moon conjunct Natal North Node, and in the First House (Aquarius Ascendant, 10 degrees)

Will this be a double trouble time for me? Can anything good happen?

Birth Info
    06/23/1970
    San Francisco, Ca
    22:51 (10:51 pm)

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Angelica

19. renu on August 23rd, 2007 7:55 pm

My DOB is March 10,1971.I have been facing worst period since 2005. Could you please suggest me is this eclipse good or bad for me??

20. Emo hard!! on August 28th, 2007 2:15 am

The lunar eclipse thing is happening at the moment in beautiful nz and its not realy enjoyable cz of cloudz in th way! I WANT A SOLAR ELIPSE!!

21. Sotiria on August 28th, 2007 2:18 am

This lunar eclipse affects my ascendant of 5 Virgo and my venus on the descendant of 5 pisces. How will this affect me? Also, I live in Greece and am wondering if the wildfires that have been going on here are a manifestation of this eclipse?

DOB: March 19 1976, UK 3:43pm

22. Emo hard!! on August 28th, 2007 2:36 am

Oh and the time here is 10.36pm

23. Ziegford on August 28th, 2007 2:37 am

It is now 6:36am. Just got to see the eclipse it was great.. I am in West Virginia

24. Andrew on August 28th, 2007 2:45 am

Hi, While looking at the Lunar eclipse I also saw a mini falling star on the bottom right of my view, does that mean anything? My star sign is a scorpio.

25. sye on August 28th, 2007 4:04 am

hello,

just want to ask if what is in store for me or on my health.any significant impact on it due to this lunar eclipse.

thanks and more power!

my DOB is Sept. 9, 1979

26. jojo on August 28th, 2007 4:04 am

cool wow this is so cool

27. louise on August 28th, 2007 5:58 am

Prior to this eclipse, a good friend said she wanted to be through with me because of something I said to someone else.
    Without going into great detail, I was merely repeating what I knew of a very tumultous situation– i did not know if the comments were true or false-
    just repeated the facts that had transpired.
    Should I let this friendship go? Or attempt to reconcile and forgive and forget.
    I am a Pisces (2.22.54) with Gemini rising- person is an aries with cancer rising 4-16-46 please advise

28. gryphonastrology on August 28th, 2007 6:59 am

Hi Alexis,

It won’t.

29. gryphonastrology on August 28th, 2007 7:01 am

Hi Andrew,

That’s really cool! Hopefully you made a wish on the falling star. I don’t think the falling star has a specific astrological significance, though.

30. gryphonastrology on August 28th, 2007 7:13 am

Hi Sotiria,

I’ve wondered the same thing about the Greek wildfires. Mars (fire) + Jupiter in Sagittarius (a fiery sign) = big fires. I was so sorry to hear about it.

31. gryphonastrology on August 28th, 2007 7:14 am

Hi Solana,

A temporary change of location shouldn’t affect anything very much.

32. Sarah on August 28th, 2007 8:16 am

Hi,
    The eclipse is going to be opposite my natal moon, and my daughter’s true node. Does anyone know how this may affect us?
    Sarah

33. Tina on August 28th, 2007 9:33 am

Hi!

My sun is in Pisces and moon in Leo, and I live in Pakistan. I felt the last 3 sets of eclipses HUGELY, went through a divorce, complete upheaval, all for the better however. How will this lunar eclipse affect me given it will not be visble from here? Thanks!

Tina

34. Ida on August 28th, 2007 10:07 am

My DOB is 28/08/1982.
    I”m studying so hard for the most important exam in my life, which I’m planning to give on nov. How will this eclips affect me this aspect? My ascendent is scorpio.
    Ida

35. Anna on August 28th, 2007 11:33 am

The eclipse is hitting my Jupiter in the 4th house 5 degrees of Virgo, how will this effect me? I just broke up with my boyfriend and I know venus is retrograde. Any help will be appreciated.

Anna

36. Anna on August 28th, 2007 11:49 am

The eclipse is effecting my Jupiter in the fourth house 5 degrees of Virgo and I just broke up with my boyfriend and I know Venus is retrograde.

Your help is appreciated.

Anna

37. Sarah on August 28th, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi,
    I was wondering how this lunar eclipse will impact myself and my baby. My moon is 7* Pisces in the 2nd house, conjunct her north node in her 6th house.
    Sarah

38. daisydeadhead on August 28th, 2007 2:25 pm

I’m linking you, and just wanted you to know…have a great lunar eclipse! 🙂

39. Andrew Ian Murphy on August 28th, 2007 5:32 pm

I am wondering if this is a possible time when the war on Iran may begin?

40. arooje on August 29th, 2007 4:41 am

hi nina, my dob is 7th march 1977 at 5am in murree (pakistan), just want to know lunar eclipse’s effects on me as iam pure pisces. thanks

41. caro on August 30th, 2007 5:21 am

My Libra BF & i (Aquarius), who are (were?) very much in love, were right on the verge of long term commitment. For some crazy reason, i pushed too hard the day before the eclipse, and he turned 180 degrees to break up with me. Other astrologers say partings around an eclipse are final, and that’s how it feels. I see there are other breakups so i don’t know what to think. Help?

42. caro on August 30th, 2007 9:51 am

Hi again. I thought i completed my entry but can’t find it now on this site. My sad story is that an Aquarius-Libra relationship that was on the verge of long term commitment was broken off the day before the eclipse by the very angry Libra (because the Aq. pushed too hard for an immediate decision). I read on other astro sites that endings at the time of a total lunar eclipse are irreversible. Is this true, and is there no hope?

43. Teddy on August 31st, 2007 10:47 am

Hi Nina, My lunar return just kicked off with a bang–could it be because my moon is @ 7 Pisces? 6th and 8th houses were involved (natal and lunar charts). I was offered a strange job which I didn’t take–not enough details to make me comfortable–assisting a photographer who actually hung up on me when I wanted to know exactly what was going on.

44. Davida O'Sweeney on August 31st, 2007 11:48 am

This is a very interesting site! I found this by googling the significance of the lunar eclipse. Like many here, I’ve had a relationship breakup. I live in DC. Dare I hope for his return? Thanks for any info on splitsville.